Friday, September 5, 2008

An ad populum appeal to vanity ( apple polishing )




Well, this is about my niece. I receive her call this morning. The first thing she told me is “I very miss you, when do you come back?” I was very happy to heard that she told me like this. But, behind the story, she actually wish me to buy her a new edition of Barbie dolls. So, she says “ I know you’re my best aunty forever, and you’re such a caring person, you always take care of me, always loves me, always know and understand me rite?” My niece are trying to apple polishing me to persuade me to buy her Barbie dolls. She success to makes me feels that I’m important and special to her and I feels glad to heard that she remember me well. This is what I called “be someone special” like I ever had.

No comments: