Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An ad hominem circumstantial Fallacy....

Just now I went for a lunch with my friends. When reach the shop, we order some drinks and one of my friend, Athena ask for any suggestion for ordering. The shopkeeper says that the salted lamb chop with rice and egg is the most delicious in his shop. But, he is the owner of the shop, and the price of that dishes is the most expensive dishes in his shop, sure he wants us to order it. Then, another of my friend, Jason said, “ It was too hot today, any drinks for relieve heat?”. Once again, the shopkeeper told him that the “kedondong shake with plum” is the most tasty and best drinks to relieve heat. When refer back to the menu, it was the most expensive drinks in that shop, of course he wish us to order it. My friend try it and he end up with paying RM20 just for a lunch. So, it tell us a lesson, not to order food by suggestion of the shopkeeper itself.

No comments: